Cannes Title THE TARGET Sells for CJ
Korean POINT BLANK Remake a Hit with Buyers
Ahead of its screening as part of the Midnight Section of the 67th Cannes International Film Festival, Korean action-thriller The Target sealed a slew of sales for its financier and distributor CJ Entertainment. The sophomore film of director CHANG, which is a remake of the French thriller Point Blank (2010), stars RYU Seung-ryong, LEE Jin-wook and YU Jun-sang and has been doing brisk business at the local box office in Korea.
The Target locked deals with Borsalino in Latin America, Welt Kino in Germany, Praesens in Switzerland, Medyavizyon in Turkey and Gulf Films for the Middle East. In addition, the film’s in-flight rights were snatched up by Skymedia. Meanwhile, back in Korea the film took third place at the box office during its fourth weekend. To date, the thriller has drawn 2.78 million viewers.
Character actor RYU graduated to leading man with last year’s smash hit Miracle in Cell No. 7 and the success of his latest feature confirms his status as a box office star. The Target was one of three Korean features that screened at Cannes, along with A Girl at My Door in Un Certain Regard and A Hard Day in Director’s Fortnight.
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - IM Sang-soo Returns with MY FRIENDLY VILLAINS
- - Singapore and Indonesia Indulge in Korean Film
- - International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam Invites 3 Korean Films
- - Warner Bros. Expands Korean Distribution through IPTV
- - A DREAM OF IRON and A GIRL AT MY DOOR Screening in Chicago
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS①-KWAK Do-won
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS②-KIM In-kwon
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS③-LEE Sung-min
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS④-CHO Jin-woong
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS⑩-KOH Sui-hee
- - An Interview with Syd LIM, CEO of Yong Film, behind PARK Chan-wook’s New Film Agassi
- - Roaring Currents & Lucy CHOI Min-shik
- - ALIVE Actor & Director : PARK Jung-Bum
- - Cart Director Boo Ji-young
- - SET ME FREE Director KIM Tae-yong
- - Korean Directors Roaring in China