New Movie to Deal with 2 Korean Baseball Stars
Studio Signs with CHOO and LEE
A story about CHOO Shin-soo and LEE Dae-ho playing baseball in the Major Leagues in the U.S. and Japan, respectively, will be made into a movie. Look Asia, a movie production company, announced that they will produce Edmonton Kids (working title) which will depict the 2000 World Youth Baseball Championship held in Edmonton, Canada where CHOO and LEE teamed up to become the champions. They added that they have already signed agreements with two baseballers, their teams and agents on the use of their portrait rights and stories.
Edmonton Kids will be based on a true story where the Korean National Youth Baseball Team took home the championship trophy after defeating the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Cuba and Japan. In addition, the film will cover the dramatic growth of LEE and CHOO who were rivals and friends. YUN In-ho, director of The Devil’s Game and When I Turned Nine will direct this project. Edmonton Kids will be shot in the first half of this year and premiere in the second half.
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - THUY Invited to Dubai’s Muhr AsiaAfrica Competition
- - Rain Goes Back to Hollywood
- - THE FAKE Claims Best Animation in Gijón
- - 15th Jeonju International Film Festival Issues Call for Entries
- - [KOFIC NEWS] KoBiz Launches New ‘Korean Cinema Today’ Podcast
- - JUNG Wook Explores the Hardships of Youth
- - PARK Joong-hoon, Director of TOP STAR
- - KWON Hyun-sang, Actor of LET ME OUT
- - JANG Won-seok, Producer of WAY BACK HOME
- [IN FOCUS]
- - In Focus: Lazy hitchhikers' tour de europe
- - Cho Young-kag, the lord of Korean independent cinema
- - JANG Joon-hwan Returns
- - Tilda Swinton, Actress of SNOWPIERCER
- - Korea-Japan Co-Productions Bear Fruit