New Movie to Deal with 2 Korean Baseball Stars
Studio Signs with CHOO and LEE
A story about CHOO Shin-soo and LEE Dae-ho playing baseball in the Major Leagues in the U.S. and Japan, respectively, will be made into a movie. Look Asia, a movie production company, announced that they will produce Edmonton Kids (working title) which will depict the 2000 World Youth Baseball Championship held in Edmonton, Canada where CHOO and LEE teamed up to become the champions. They added that they have already signed agreements with two baseballers, their teams and agents on the use of their portrait rights and stories.
Edmonton Kids will be based on a true story where the Korean National Youth Baseball Team took home the championship trophy after defeating the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Cuba and Japan. In addition, the film will cover the dramatic growth of LEE and CHOO who were rivals and friends. YUN In-ho, director of The Devil’s Game and When I Turned Nine will direct this project. Edmonton Kids will be shot in the first half of this year and premiere in the second half.
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - ROARING CURRENTS Tops 51st Daejong Film Awards
- - LEE Kwang-soo to Become a MUTANT
- - Rain and LIU Yifei Melodrama Opens in Chinese Theatres
- - YUN Eun-hye and PARK Si-hoo Confirmed for AFTER LOVE
- - Trends in November: Korean Films in Japan
- - KMS Ambassador ZHANG Yu’an
- - Grabbing 4 Awards Including Best Korean Project and SJM Cultural Foundation Fund
- - An Interview with , President of CAC Entertainment
- - KIM Joo-sung, CEO of Waw Pictures
- - Director LEE Hae-jun of MY DICTATOR
- - KAIST Explores New Trends during Korean Cinema Conference