Fateful Encounter, Fatal Love
▶ Where Are to Go?
Director JIN Seung-hyun | Starring KIM Gyu-ri, U Gun, KIM Ra-im | Genre Melodrama | Running Time 97 min | Rating 19+ | Release Rate May 16
Hee-young thoughtlessly heads for Busan with the sole intention to woo her first love that she decided to break up with only to get married to a wealthy man. There, she meets Jun-ho in a taxi by chance. Her cold-looking yet somewhat sad face bothers him, but she feels uncomfortable with his interest in her. During this trip with unexpected company, they gradually become attracted to each other.
Where Are to Go? is a story about the fateful encounter between a woman fed up with the meaningless marital life with her husband who doesn’t even remember her name and a young taxi driver who has lost his dreams and hopes through his dry daily routine. The deviance of the man and the woman triggered by long hidden desire reflects the psychology in general of men and women today. The audience can imagine breaking out of a seemingly fixed routine through Jun-ho and Hee-young escaping from their routines.
Hee-young used to dream of being an actress, but she chose to get married to lead a comfortable life. Jun-ho wanted to be a baseball player, but he is a taxi driver now and barely manages to survive. Their coincident yet happy trip vicariously fulfills the average peron's desire. Director JIN Seung-hyun acquired a taxi driver’s license in order to understand the properties of the limited space inside a taxi. He also talked with a variety of passengers. KIM Gyu-ri and U Gun are coming back through this film after a long break to meet awaiting fans.
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - Gyorgy Palfi’s FREE FALL Lands at Karlovy Vary
- - Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival Held Official Press Conference
- - SHIM Hyung-rae’s D-WAR 2 Secures Investment of 10 Million USD
- - Mokpo Ocean Film Festival Raises Curtains July 31st
- - RYU Seung-ryong and Suzy star in DORIHWAGA
- - KIM Sae-ron of A GIRL AT MY DOOR
- - JANG Woo-jin, Director of A FRESH START
- - SHIM Eun-kyoung of MISS GRANNY
- - PARK Chan-kyong’s Manshin Reasserts the Importance of Korean Shamanism
- - JANG Kunjae, Director of A MIDSUMMER'S FANTASIA
- [IN FOCUS]
- - In Focus: No Tears for the Dead
- - JOUNG Yu-mi, Director of LOVE GAMES
- - Interview with Jeonju Jury Member Paolo Bertolin
- - HYUN Bin of THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- - LEE Jeon-hyoung, CEO/VFX Supervisor of 4th Creative Party
- - HWANG In-ho, Director of MONSTER
- - Co-production Biz-matching Support Submissions Open in July
- - Supporting Emerging Korean Co-productions
- - Interview with Co-Production Veteran Iris MA
- - Four Projects Selected for Korean Film Business Center in Beijing
- - Korean Academy of Film Arts Hosts “2014 KAFA + Indonesia Workshop” in Korea