DIRECTOR KWON Chil-in
CAST UHM Jeong-hwa, MOON So-ri, CHO Min-oo
RELEASE DATE February 13
CONTACT Lotte Entertainment
Tel. +82 2 3470 3540 Fax. +82 2 3470 3549
Three women in their 40s look to enjoy their middle-aged lives in this story about passionate love, sex and going after your desires.
Venus Talk brings together UHM Jeong-hwa, MOON So-ri and CHO Min-soo, three of the Korean film industry’s biggest female stars, in a story that is reminiscent of the American series and movies Sex and the City. UHM Jung-hwa, a popular singer from the 1990s, is the star of commercial hits such as Princess Aurora (2005) and Dancing Queen (2011). MOON So-ri debuted in LEE Chang-dong’s Peppermint Candy (1999) but really made her mark in LEE’s follow-up Oasis (2002), for which she received the Marcelo Mastroianni Award for Rising Star at the Venice International Film Festival. In addition to studio films such as last year’s The Spy: Undercover Operation, MOON regularly appears in the films of Korea’s most renowned auteurs, such as IM Sang-soo in his A Good Lawyer’s Wife (2003) or HONG Sangsoo films including Like You Know It All (2009) and In Another Country (2012). CHO Min-soo most recently appeared in KIM Ki-duk’s Pieta, which earned the Golden Lion Award from Venice in 2012.
Directing Venus Talk is KWON Chil-in, a veteran of romantic fare who previously made Singles (2003), Loveholic (2010) and Love On-Air (2012) among others. The production company behind the film is Myung Films, a major force in the Korean film industry that has delivered such contemporary classics and hits as The Contact (1997), Happy End (1999), A Good Lawyer’s Wife and Architecture 101 (2012). By casting three of Korean cinema’s strongest middle-aged leading women, Myung Films will be hoping to tap into the growing pool of older filmgoers that have been part of the industry’s recent box office boom.
By Pierce Conran
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - A GIRL AT MY DOOR and HAEMOO Invited to Palm Springs IFF
- - MOURNING GRAVE to Hit Cambodia Screens on January 2nd
- - New Film from EUNGYO Director JUNG Ji-woo
- - MY LOVE, DON’T CROSS THAT RIVER Sets New Korean Indie Record
- - Korean Films Top 100 Million Admissions for 3rd Year Running
- - MIN Jin-soo, Representative of SOO FILM
- - KIM Tae-kyun, Director of BAD SISTER
- - International Documentary Distributor, Doc Air Co., Ltd’s CEO/Producer KIM Min-chul
- - YU Young-sik New Head of Korean Academy of Film Arts
- - Possibilities of Remaking Latin American Films