DIRECTOR LEE Jung-ho
CAST JUNG Jae-young, LEE Sung-min
RELEASE DATE Spring 2014
CONTACT CJ Entertainment
Tel. +82 2 371 6278 Fax. +82 2 371 6340
email@example.com (sales) / firstname.lastname@example.org (festivals)
Following the death of his wife, Sang-hyeon lives a quiet life with his daughter. But one day she is abducted, raped and killed and Sang-hyeon is left by himself, with nothing left to cling on to but his feelings of anger and despair. The investigation into his daughter’s death is progressing slowly, so restless and unable to sit quiet any longer, he decides to take matters into his own hands. Sang-hyeon receives a mysterious call from someone who tells him an address to which he goes and finds evidence incriminating the two killers. He tracks one down and kills him and now that the police are on his tail he is hellbent on finding the second man responsible for his daughter’s death.
The revenge thriller is a common genre that Korean filmmakers have come back to time and again over the years. With powerful motives, dark narratives and the potential for some stylistic flair, films like PARK Chan-wook’s Old Boy (2003), KIM Jee-woon’s A Bittersweet Life (2005) and LEE Jeong-beom’s The Man from Nowhere (2010) have captured the imagination of many viewers. CJ Entertainment’s new film Roving Edge looks to follow in that popular tradition. The film stars JUNG Jae-young, from Welcome to Dongmakgol (2005) and Castaway on the Moon (2009) who recently featured in 2012’s hit revenge thriller Confession of Murder. In the director’s chair, LEE Jeong-ho will bring the strong visual sense he exhibited in his debut Bestseller, a horror-thriller from 2010 that starred UHM Jeong-hwa. Roving Edge is based on ‘The Hovering Blade’ by acclaimed Japanese crime author HEGASHINO Keigo, which has already been made in Japan twice in 2006 and 2013. HEGASHINO also wrote the novel ‘Devotion of Suspect X’, which served as the basis for BANG Eun-jin’s Perfect Number (2012).
By Pierce Conran
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - ROARING CURRENTS Tops 51st Daejong Film Awards
- - LEE Kwang-soo to Become a MUTANT
- - Rain and LIU Yifei Melodrama Opens in Chinese Theatres
- - YUN Eun-hye and PARK Si-hoo Confirmed for AFTER LOVE
- - Trends in November: Korean Films in Japan
- - KMS Ambassador ZHANG Yu’an
- - Grabbing 4 Awards Including Best Korean Project and SJM Cultural Foundation Fund
- - An Interview with , President of CAC Entertainment
- - KIM Joo-sung, CEO of Waw Pictures
- - Director LEE Hae-jun of MY DICTATOR
- - KAIST Explores New Trends during Korean Cinema Conference