Shhh..... I am your Granny!
Director HWANG Dong-hyuk | Cast SHIM Eun-kyoung, NA Moon-hee, PARK In-hwan, SUNG Dong-il, LEE Jin-wook | Genre Drama, Comedy | Running Time 93 Minutes | Rating NR | Release Date January 23
When a foul-mouthed old lady, Mal-soon (NA Moon-hee), finds out that her family wants to put her in a nursing home, she goes out and wanders about in the dark. She then follows a mysterious light to ‘Youth Photos,’ where she gets dressed up and takes a photo for her funeral. It’s about that time when something amazing happens to her. She is no longer a wrinkly 70-year old lady, instead she has become the 20-year old Doo-ri (SHIM Eun-kyoung).
Miss Granny is full of chaotic moments which arise when a 74-year old grandmother’s physical frame becomes that of a 20-year old. The acting skills of two actresses - NA Moon-hee of Twilight Gangsters (2010) and Cruel Winter Blues (2006), and SHIM Eun-kyoung of Sunny (2011) and Masquerade – playing one character is an enticing draw. HWANG Dong-hyuk, who has directed films with strong messages such as My Father (2007) and Silenced (2011), takes on a big challenge with Miss Granny, his first film in the comedy genre.
By TAE Sang-joon
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - Gyorgy Palfi’s FREE FALL Lands at Karlovy Vary
- - Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival Held Official Press Conference
- - SHIM Hyung-rae’s D-WAR 2 Secures Investment of 10 Million USD
- - Mokpo Ocean Film Festival Raises Curtains July 31st
- - RYU Seung-ryong and Suzy star in DORIHWAGA
- - KIM Sae-ron of A GIRL AT MY DOOR
- - JANG Woo-jin, Director of A FRESH START
- - SHIM Eun-kyoung of MISS GRANNY
- - PARK Chan-kyong’s Manshin Reasserts the Importance of Korean Shamanism
- - JANG Kunjae, Director of A MIDSUMMER'S FANTASIA
- [IN FOCUS]
- - In Focus: No Tears for the Dead
- - JOUNG Yu-mi, Director of LOVE GAMES
- - Interview with Jeonju Jury Member Paolo Bertolin
- - HYUN Bin of THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- - LEE Jeon-hyoung, CEO/VFX Supervisor of 4th Creative Party
- - HWANG In-ho, Director of MONSTER
- - Co-production Biz-matching Support Submissions Open in July
- - Supporting Emerging Korean Co-productions
- - Interview with Co-Production Veteran Iris MA
- - Four Projects Selected for Korean Film Business Center in Beijing
- - Korean Academy of Film Arts Hosts “2014 KAFA + Indonesia Workshop” in Korea