Into the Heat of Black Soul
Director hisMT Ministry | Cast YANG Dong-keun, JUNG Jun, KIM You-mi | Genre Documentary, Music | Running Time 93 Minutes | Rating G | Release Date November 14
YANG Dong-keun, JUNG Jun and KIM You-mi, three friends who were all born in 1979, are going on a journey to Harlem in New York City, the home town of black gospel. With a goal to hold a black gospel concert, these actors begin a very harsh training regime from masters of the music genre. Korea’s only gospel musicians, Heritage, and other members who were selected through an audition, also join them in training.
There is no script or plot in this musical documentary Black Gospel. It is a collection of episodes of the three friends - YANG Dong-keun (Days of Wrath, Perfect Game), KIM You-mi (Red Family) and TV star JUNG Jun – who are in New York for a month to discover the root of soul music. This film should surely satisfy viewers of various tastes as it is filled with music and sceneries of New York, including its skyscrapers, which both add to the enjoyment of the story the main characters are experiencing.
By TAE Sang-joon
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - IM Sang-soo Returns with MY FRIENDLY VILLAINS
- - Singapore and Indonesia Indulge in Korean Film
- - International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam Invites 3 Korean Films
- - Warner Bros. Expands Korean Distribution through IPTV
- - A DREAM OF IRON and A GIRL AT MY DOOR Screening in Chicago
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS①-KWAK Do-won
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS②-KIM In-kwon
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS③-LEE Sung-min
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS④-CHO Jin-woong
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS⑩-KOH Sui-hee
- - An Interview with Syd LIM, CEO of Yong Film, behind PARK Chan-wook’s New Film Agassi
- - Roaring Currents & Lucy CHOI Min-shik
- - ALIVE Actor & Director : PARK Jung-Bum
- - Cart Director Boo Ji-young
- - SET ME FREE Director KIM Tae-yong
- - Korean Directors Roaring in China