Into the Heat of Black Soul
Director hisMT Ministry | Cast YANG Dong-keun, JUNG Jun, KIM You-mi | Genre Documentary, Music | Running Time 93 Minutes | Rating G | Release Date November 14
YANG Dong-keun, JUNG Jun and KIM You-mi, three friends who were all born in 1979, are going on a journey to Harlem in New York City, the home town of black gospel. With a goal to hold a black gospel concert, these actors begin a very harsh training regime from masters of the music genre. Korea’s only gospel musicians, Heritage, and other members who were selected through an audition, also join them in training.
There is no script or plot in this musical documentary Black Gospel. It is a collection of episodes of the three friends - YANG Dong-keun (Days of Wrath, Perfect Game), KIM You-mi (Red Family) and TV star JUNG Jun – who are in New York for a month to discover the root of soul music. This film should surely satisfy viewers of various tastes as it is filled with music and sceneries of New York, including its skyscrapers, which both add to the enjoyment of the story the main characters are experiencing.
By TAE Sang-joon
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - A GIRL AT MY DOOR and HAEMOO Invited to Palm Springs IFF
- - MOURNING GRAVE to Hit Cambodia Screens on January 2nd
- - New Film from EUNGYO Director JUNG Ji-woo
- - MY LOVE, DON’T CROSS THAT RIVER Sets New Korean Indie Record
- - Korean Films Top 100 Million Admissions for 3rd Year Running
- - MIN Jin-soo, Representative of SOO FILM
- - KIM Tae-kyun, Director of BAD SISTER
- - International Documentary Distributor, Doc Air Co., Ltd’s CEO/Producer KIM Min-chul
- - YU Young-sik New Head of Korean Academy of Film Arts
- - Possibilities of Remaking Latin American Films