Into the Heat of Black Soul
Director hisMT Ministry | Cast YANG Dong-keun, JUNG Jun, KIM You-mi | Genre Documentary, Music | Running Time 93 Minutes | Rating G | Release Date November 14
YANG Dong-keun, JUNG Jun and KIM You-mi, three friends who were all born in 1979, are going on a journey to Harlem in New York City, the home town of black gospel. With a goal to hold a black gospel concert, these actors begin a very harsh training regime from masters of the music genre. Korea’s only gospel musicians, Heritage, and other members who were selected through an audition, also join them in training.
There is no script or plot in this musical documentary Black Gospel. It is a collection of episodes of the three friends - YANG Dong-keun (Days of Wrath, Perfect Game), KIM You-mi (Red Family) and TV star JUNG Jun – who are in New York for a month to discover the root of soul music. This film should surely satisfy viewers of various tastes as it is filled with music and sceneries of New York, including its skyscrapers, which both add to the enjoyment of the story the main characters are experiencing.
By TAE Sang-joon
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - San Diego Asian Film Festival Take 7 Korean Features
- - 20 Actors Cast for One Single Lead Character for BEAUTY INSIDE
- - Bong Joon Ho Switches Over to WME
- - Top Honors for HILL OF FREEDOM at 34th Korean Film Critics Association Awards
- - IM Kwon-taek to Be Feted in Singapore
- [IN FOCUS]
- - SET ME FREE
- - Wild Flowers Actress CHO Soo-hyang
- - Director HONG Seok-jae of Socialphobia
- - Actor CHOI Woo-sik
- - TIFFCOM-Linked KOFIC KOREA-JAPAN Co-production Project Meeting Event