Their Big Fat Korean Weddings
Director HONG Ji-young | Cast Kim Gang-woo, KIM Hyo-jin, JU Ji-hoon, LEE Yeon-hee | Genre Romance, Comedy | Running Time 118 Minutes | Rating 15+ | Release Date November 21
Tae-gyu (KIM Gang-woo) and Joo-yeong (KIM Hyo-jin) meet again after 12 years of being separated, but just one week before their wedding they are in shock to find out about each other’s pasts. In their seventh year of dating, the relationship between So-mi (LEE Yeon-hee) and Won-cheol (OK Taec-yeon) begins to fall apart when So-mi meets another man, Kyeong-soo (JU Ji-hoon). Misunderstandings and conflicts due to cultural differences are becoming too much to bear for the international couple, Gun-ho (MA Dong-seok) and Bica(Guzal). Dae-bok (LEE Hui-joon) and the pregnant Ee-ra (GO Joon-hee) are preparing for their wedding but they can’t seem to agree on anything because of their family backgrounds and different value systems.
Marriage Blue is in omnibus film about four couples and what happens to them just one week before their weddings. Following her debut in feature filmmaking with The Naked Kitchen(2009), director HONG Ji-young has managed to balance the characteristics of all nine main characters very effectively. One of the many attractions of the film is its all-star cast, which features KIM Gang-woo from The Taste of Money, KIM Hyo-jin, LEE Yeon-hee from M and OK Taec-yeon of ‘2PM’ (a Korean idol group).
By TAE Sang-joon
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - CHOI Dong-hoon Plots ASSASSINATION
- - Korea Sends 4 Films to BFI London Film Festival
- - [infographic] 2014 Thanksgiving Holidays Movie 3 Audience Analysis
- - PARK Chan-wook is Back to the Korean Film Scene after 6 Years of Break
- - Busan Reveals Rich 19th Program
- - Director BONG Meets Audiences in New York.
- - Sabrina Baracetti and Thomas Bertacche
- - Mike Hostench, Sub Director of Sitges Film Festival
- - All Eyes on KWAK Jae-yong’s New Film: MEET MISS ANXIETY