2013 | 95 MIN | Documentary
Director ZHANG Lu
Release Date December 2013
TEL +82 2 2285 0562 FAX +82 2 2285 0560
People exist as landscape to each other for much of their lives. This coldness can sometimes be an inspiration for others. The scenery is still the same, but the impression has changed slowly. ZHANG Lu’s first documentary feature focuses on a subject very rarely spoken of: immigrant workers in Korea. By putting ten workers’ lives in the spotlight, ZHANG asks questions about their most memorable dream in Korea. With their answers, ZHANG reveals a very different scenery of Korea.
Scenery began as the mid-length film Over There, one of three segments of this year’s Jeonju Digital Project, an omnibus of shorts commissioned every year by the Jeonju International Film Festival. As a short, the film was invited to the Locarno International Film Festival and now as a full-blown feature, Scenery will debut at the Busan International Film Festival, in the Wide Angle section. Previous to Scenery, ZHANG has been known for his contemplative independent films such as Tang Poetry (2004), Grain in Ear (2005), Chongqing (2007) and Dooman River (2010).
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - IM Sang-soo Returns with MY FRIENDLY VILLAINS
- - Singapore and Indonesia Indulge in Korean Film
- - International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam Invites 3 Korean Films
- - Warner Bros. Expands Korean Distribution through IPTV
- - A DREAM OF IRON and A GIRL AT MY DOOR Screening in Chicago
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS①-KWAK Do-won
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS②-KIM In-kwon
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS③-LEE Sung-min
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS④-CHO Jin-woong
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS⑩-KOH Sui-hee
- - An Interview with Syd LIM, CEO of Yong Film, behind PARK Chan-wook’s New Film Agassi
- - Roaring Currents & Lucy CHOI Min-shik
- - ALIVE Actor & Director : PARK Jung-Bum
- - Cart Director Boo Ji-young
- - SET ME FREE Director KIM Tae-yong
- - Korean Directors Roaring in China