2013 | 95 MIN | Documentary
Director ZHANG Lu
Release Date December 2013
TEL +82 2 2285 0562 FAX +82 2 2285 0560
People exist as landscape to each other for much of their lives. This coldness can sometimes be an inspiration for others. The scenery is still the same, but the impression has changed slowly. ZHANG Lu’s first documentary feature focuses on a subject very rarely spoken of: immigrant workers in Korea. By putting ten workers’ lives in the spotlight, ZHANG asks questions about their most memorable dream in Korea. With their answers, ZHANG reveals a very different scenery of Korea.
Scenery began as the mid-length film Over There, one of three segments of this year’s Jeonju Digital Project, an omnibus of shorts commissioned every year by the Jeonju International Film Festival. As a short, the film was invited to the Locarno International Film Festival and now as a full-blown feature, Scenery will debut at the Busan International Film Festival, in the Wide Angle section. Previous to Scenery, ZHANG has been known for his contemplative independent films such as Tang Poetry (2004), Grain in Ear (2005), Chongqing (2007) and Dooman River (2010).
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - A GIRL AT MY DOOR and HAEMOO Invited to Palm Springs IFF
- - MOURNING GRAVE to Hit Cambodia Screens on January 2nd
- - New Film from EUNGYO Director JUNG Ji-woo
- - MY LOVE, DON’T CROSS THAT RIVER Sets New Korean Indie Record
- - Korean Films Top 100 Million Admissions for 3rd Year Running
- - MIN Jin-soo, Representative of SOO FILM
- - KIM Tae-kyun, Director of BAD SISTER
- - International Documentary Distributor, Doc Air Co., Ltd’s CEO/Producer KIM Min-chul
- - YU Young-sik New Head of Korean Academy of Film Arts
- - Possibilities of Remaking Latin American Films