My Dear Girl, Jin-young
A Portrayal of Women's Work and Love
Director LEE Sung-eun | Cast KIM Gyu-ri, PARK Won-sang | Genre Drama | Running Time 102 minutes | Rating 15+ | Release Date October 24
KIM Jin-young (KIM Gyu-ri), who is over 30, writes screenplays but only for zombie horror films. HWANG Tae-il (PARK Won-sang), her senior in her college days, appears in front of Jin-young. Tae-il, now a famous film director, decides to direct a film with one of Jin-young’s zombie scenarios and carefully begins to bare his heart.
My Dear Girl, Jin-young is the debut film by LEE Sung-eun, who received rave reviews after the short I’m Jin-young (2006) screened at the 32nd Seoul Independent Film Festival. KIM Gyu-ri returns to the silver screen with My Dear Girl, Jin-young in two years following her role in Poongsan (2011) by JUHN Jai-hong. The film positively portrays the work and love of women and their thoughts on their families through their everyday lives. KIM Gyu-ri plays the title role of KIM Jin-young while PARK Won-sang plays opposite her as HWANG Tae-il. PARK recently starred in National Security and The Stone.
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - A GIRL AT MY DOOR and HAEMOO Invited to Palm Springs IFF
- - MOURNING GRAVE to Hit Cambodia Screens on January 2nd
- - New Film from EUNGYO Director JUNG Ji-woo
- - MY LOVE, DON’T CROSS THAT RIVER Sets New Korean Indie Record
- - Korean Films Top 100 Million Admissions for 3rd Year Running
- - MIN Jin-soo, Representative of SOO FILM
- - KIM Tae-kyun, Director of BAD SISTER
- - International Documentary Distributor, Doc Air Co., Ltd’s CEO/Producer KIM Min-chul
- - YU Young-sik New Head of Korean Academy of Film Arts
- - [KO-PRODUCTION] Possibilities of Remaking Latin American Films