The Rise and Fall of a Star
Director PARK Joong-hoon | Cast UHM Tae-woong, KIM Min-jun, SO E-hyun | Genre Drama | Running Time 114 minutes | Rating 15+ | Release Date October 24
Tae-sik is a talent manager with a successful client. One day he is discovered as an actor and soon embarks on his own silver screen career. Before long, he finds himself overtaking his former client’s popularity. Now, in order to maintain his fame, Tae-sik will stop at nothing to stay at the top.
PARK Joong-hoon, one of Korea’s most well respected and veteran performers, steps behind his camera for his feature filmmaking debut Top Star. PARK was one of the faces of the Korean New Wave in the late 1980s and early 1990s through roles in PARK Kwang-su's Chilsu and Mansu (1988) and Black Republic (1990) before becoming one of the top draws of the decade following hit after hit, such as starring roles in KANG Woo-suk’s Two Cops (1993) films alongside AHN Sung-ki. Top Star features UHM Tae-woong, coming off last year’s Architecture 101, and KIM Min-jun (The Concubine, 2012) as the dueling stars. The film received its world premiere at the Busan International Film Festival in the Korean Cinema Today – Panorama section.
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - CHOI Dong-hoon Plots ASSASSINATION
- - Korea Sends 4 Films to BFI London Film Festival
- - [infographic] 2014 Thanksgiving Holidays Movie 3 Audience Analysis
- - PARK Chan-wook is Back to the Korean Film Scene after 6 Years of Break
- - Busan Reveals Rich 19th Program
- - Director BONG Meets Audiences in New York.
- - Sabrina Baracetti and Thomas Bertacche
- - Mike Hostench, Sub Director of Sitges Film Festival
- - All Eyes on KWAK Jae-yong’s New Film: MEET MISS ANXIETY