The Rise and Fall of a Star
Director PARK Joong-hoon | Cast UHM Tae-woong, KIM Min-jun, SO E-hyun | Genre Drama | Running Time 114 minutes | Rating 15+ | Release Date October 24
Tae-sik is a talent manager with a successful client. One day he is discovered as an actor and soon embarks on his own silver screen career. Before long, he finds himself overtaking his former client’s popularity. Now, in order to maintain his fame, Tae-sik will stop at nothing to stay at the top.
PARK Joong-hoon, one of Korea’s most well respected and veteran performers, steps behind his camera for his feature filmmaking debut Top Star. PARK was one of the faces of the Korean New Wave in the late 1980s and early 1990s through roles in PARK Kwang-su's Chilsu and Mansu (1988) and Black Republic (1990) before becoming one of the top draws of the decade following hit after hit, such as starring roles in KANG Woo-suk’s Two Cops (1993) films alongside AHN Sung-ki. Top Star features UHM Tae-woong, coming off last year’s Architecture 101, and KIM Min-jun (The Concubine, 2012) as the dueling stars. The film received its world premiere at the Busan International Film Festival in the Korean Cinema Today – Panorama section.
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - IM Sang-soo Returns with MY FRIENDLY VILLAINS
- - Singapore and Indonesia Indulge in Korean Film
- - International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam Invites 3 Korean Films
- - Warner Bros. Expands Korean Distribution through IPTV
- - A DREAM OF IRON and A GIRL AT MY DOOR Screening in Chicago
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS①-KWAK Do-won
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS②-KIM In-kwon
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS③-LEE Sung-min
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS④-CHO Jin-woong
- - 10 SCENE STEALERS⑩-KOH Sui-hee
- - An Interview with Syd LIM, CEO of Yong Film, behind PARK Chan-wook’s New Film Agassi
- - Roaring Currents & Lucy CHOI Min-shik
- - ALIVE Actor & Director : PARK Jung-Bum
- - Cart Director Boo Ji-young
- - SET ME FREE Director KIM Tae-yong
- - Korean Directors Roaring in China