Hide and Seek
A Father’s Life-and-Death Struggle To Protect His Family
Director HUH Jung | Cast SON Hyun-ju, MOON Jeong-hee, JEON Mi-sun | Genre Thriller | Running Time 107 minutes | Rating 15+ | Release Date August 15
Seong-su (SON Hyun-ju) is a happy man with his beautiful wife Min-ji (JEON Mi-sun) and lovely children. Seong-su seems to have everything but feels very guilty about his elder brother. When Seong-su was a little boy, he was adopted into a happy family. He set a trap for his elder brother with a false testimony and since then, Seong-su has worried that his brother is nursing a grudge against him.
After hearing that his brother is missing, Seong-su visits his house after decades and finds strange codes on his house and his neighbors’ houses and meet Ju-hee’s family who claim that they know his brother.
Hide and Seek depicts a father’s life-and-death struggle to protect his family and home from threats from strangers. Young director HUH Jung has made an excellent genre film that keeps spectators in suspense throughout the 107-minute running time with highly precise directions, speedy storytelling and a contrast between differentiated and attractive characters.
Hide and Seek is the first film where SON Hyun-ju plays the lead role. SON attracted considerable attention through Secretly Greatly and the TV series Pursuer. SON plays struggling Seong-su and successfully leads the whole story. The great transformation of MOON Jeong-hee, one of the stars of last year’s Deranged is also worth watching.
By TAE Sang-joon
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - ROARING CURRENTS Tops 51st Daejong Film Awards
- - LEE Kwang-soo to Become a MUTANT
- - Rain and LIU Yifei Melodrama Opens in Chinese Theatres
- - YUN Eun-hye and PARK Si-hoo Confirmed for AFTER LOVE
- - Trends in November: Korean Films in Japan
- - KMS Ambassador ZHANG Yu’an
- - Grabbing 4 Awards Including Best Korean Project and SJM Cultural Foundation Fund
- - An Interview with , President of CAC Entertainment
- - KIM Joo-sung, CEO of Waw Pictures
- - Director LEE Hae-jun of MY DICTATOR
- - KAIST Explores New Trends during Korean Cinema Conference