Hide and Seek
A Father’s Life-and-Death Struggle To Protect His Family
Director HUH Jung | Cast SON Hyun-ju, MOON Jeong-hee, JEON Mi-sun | Genre Thriller | Running Time 107 minutes | Rating 15+ | Release Date August 15
Seong-su (SON Hyun-ju) is a happy man with his beautiful wife Min-ji (JEON Mi-sun) and lovely children. Seong-su seems to have everything but feels very guilty about his elder brother. When Seong-su was a little boy, he was adopted into a happy family. He set a trap for his elder brother with a false testimony and since then, Seong-su has worried that his brother is nursing a grudge against him.
After hearing that his brother is missing, Seong-su visits his house after decades and finds strange codes on his house and his neighbors’ houses and meet Ju-hee’s family who claim that they know his brother.
Hide and Seek depicts a father’s life-and-death struggle to protect his family and home from threats from strangers. Young director HUH Jung has made an excellent genre film that keeps spectators in suspense throughout the 107-minute running time with highly precise directions, speedy storytelling and a contrast between differentiated and attractive characters.
Hide and Seek is the first film where SON Hyun-ju plays the lead role. SON attracted considerable attention through Secretly Greatly and the TV series Pursuer. SON plays struggling Seong-su and successfully leads the whole story. The great transformation of MOON Jeong-hee, one of the stars of last year’s Deranged is also worth watching.
By TAE Sang-joon
- Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is
prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.
- - Gyorgy Palfi’s FREE FALL Lands at Karlovy Vary
- - Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival Held Official Press Conference
- - SHIM Hyung-rae’s D-WAR 2 Secures Investment of 10 Million USD
- - Mokpo Ocean Film Festival Raises Curtains July 31st
- - RYU Seung-ryong and Suzy star in DORIHWAGA
- - KIM Sae-ron of A GIRL AT MY DOOR
- - JANG Woo-jin, Director of A FRESH START
- - SHIM Eun-kyoung of MISS GRANNY
- - PARK Chan-kyong’s Manshin Reasserts the Importance of Korean Shamanism
- - JANG Kunjae, Director of A MIDSUMMER'S FANTASIA
- [IN FOCUS]
- - In Focus: No Tears for the Dead
- - JOUNG Yu-mi, Director of LOVE GAMES
- - Interview with Jeonju Jury Member Paolo Bertolin
- - HYUN Bin of THE FATAL ENCOUNTER
- - LEE Jeon-hyoung, CEO/VFX Supervisor of 4th Creative Party
- - HWANG In-ho, Director of MONSTER
- - Co-production Biz-matching Support Submissions Open in July
- - Supporting Emerging Korean Co-productions
- - Interview with Co-Production Veteran Iris MA
- - Four Projects Selected for Korean Film Business Center in Beijing
- - Korean Academy of Film Arts Hosts “2014 KAFA + Indonesia Workshop” in Korea